Saturday, February 22, 2014

I baked, and it felt so good.

The other day I wrote about my funk, and I wanted to do something to get out of it,
so that night I swung by the grocery store to pick up baking supplies.
 
I found the easiest recipe I could and here it is,
courtesy of Erins Bakeshop.
 
 
Cookies and Cream Brownies.
 

 
The recipe could not be easier.
You buy a box of brownies and bake as instructed.
You buy 4 Cookies and Cream Hershey bars.
(I only bought 3 I really could have used one more.)
You melt the bars in a bowl in the microwave and immediately
pour the mixture on the brownies.
(you want to do this fast before the mixture hardens.)
Then you let them cool.
They turned out yummy, the brownies were gooey on the inside and
the Hersheys bars added some crunch on top.
My husband loved them, and so did my coworker Jay.
I plan on trying the other candy bars as toppings.
 
Oh, and I want to say Happy Birthday to someone!
If you're reading you know who you are.
 
Mel.
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. NO WAY. This is genius...at first I didn't believe you when you said it was super easy because they look so dang good (I'm obsessed with cookies and cream bars), but that is pure genius. Of course, I'm totally PMSing right now so that's my chocolate cravings talking, but I'm trying this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! New twists on classic recipes are always fun to make (and try.) Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for trying my recipe! I am so happy you like it!

    ReplyDelete