Wednesday, December 3, 2014

They can hear you, You don't have to shout.




We are in era of technology.
When I was growing up, cells phones were rare.
They didn't hit popularity until I was about 15.
I got my first one at 17 and haven't been without one
since.
Here's a recent selfie for proof:
 
 
Unfortunately cell phones don't really come with a manual for proper etiquette.
And not everyone has the common sense to figure out for themselves what that etiquette is.
 
Here are my biggest pet peeves when it comes to people and cell phones.
 
1. When I am checking out in a store I avoid cell phone use. It's just disrespectful
to the cashier, and makes them feel less than human. I'm speaking frompast
experience as a cashier.
 
2. When you are talking to someone in person, and having a conversation
with someone on your Bluetooth headset at the same time.
Why are you looking at me like I'm the rude when?
You asked a question, and I answered. How was I supposed to know you were
on the phone.
 
3. Don't have extremely personal conversations in public.
I'm sure you're good friend Becky is thrilled that your rash cleared up, but I'm just
trying to eat my lunch here and I can't unhear that.
 
4. Cell phones are amazing.
So amazing that no matter where the other person is they can hear you clearly.
Unless they have bad reception. In that case no amount of yelling will help
SO PLEASE STOP YELLING.
 
5. This isn't a cell phone thing.
Stop taking pictures with Ipads.
You look ridiculous. How did you get an ipad into a concert to begin with?
I couldn't even sneak in my soft drink and candy bars.
 
Do you have any cell phone pet peeves that you would like to share?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment